The week’s news in the ceramic world
🙌 Contemporary Craft (Pittsburgh, PA) just announced an open call for the 2022 LEAP – Lydon Emerging Artist Program Award. The program recognizes exceptional emerging talent in the contemporary craft field and provides opportunities for early career artists to bring their artwork to the consumer market. LEAP is open to emerging artists who are beginning to receive recognition for their work, but are not currently represented by well-established galleries.
📍 Showcasing the works of over 40 artists, the York Ceramics Fair will take place this weekend at the Foss Building of the York St John University. A local pottery fair will also take place at the Normansfield Theatre in London. On show will be the work of 18 London Potters members.
💎 Made in Italy 2021 – La ceramica italiana guarda la futuro will take place this weekend in Faenza. The main city square will host over 100 Italian artists, showcasing their ceramic art, design objects, jewellery and more.
🔥 The Korean International Ceramics Biennale announced the selected artworks & winners of the 2021 KICB International Competition. The exhibition will be on view at the 2021 Gyeonggi World Ceramic Biennale, to start in October. The winners are: Darien Arikoski-Johnson (Gold Prize), Ming-Shun Cho (Gold Prize) Sekyun Ju (Silver Prize), Susan Beiner (Broze Prize), Jeisung Oh (KICB Residency Prize), Zhang Kai (KICB Emerging Artist Prize). Congratulations!
👀 1000 VASES, an out-of-the-ordinary exhibition demonstrating how beauty can take the most varied forms through different techniques and materials, opens later this week at Superstudio Più, in Milan. The exhibition presents unique pieces made by hundreds of independent designers from 40 countries.
🔍 Interbeing – No Interdependent Origins is on view at Powell-Cotton Museum in Birchington, Kent / Sacred Structures: The architectonic forms of Kenro Izu and Tony Moore is on view at Kleinert/James Center for the Arts, in Woodstock, NY / RefleX: figures for reflection, an installation exhibition by Paolo Porelli and Maurizio Tittarelli Rubboli is on view at Palazzo Ducale in Gubbio, Italy / A Proper Send-Off is on view at The Clay Studio, Philadelphia / Harbinger: Mary DeVincentis x Jackie Shatz x Mary Tooley-Parker opens tomorrow at LaiSun Keane, Boston / Christa Zeitlhofer: On the Vulnerability of the Surface opens today at Galateea Gallery, Bucharest / The Elemental Landscape: Sarah Jenkins & Patricia Shone is on view at the Contemporary Ceramics Centre, London
Jobs board 🎓
- California College of the Arts is hiring a Program Manager for their Fine Arts Division
- Rocky Mountain College of Art + Design is hiring an Assistant Professor and Ceramics Coordinator
- Baylor University is hiring an Assistant Professor – Ceramics
- City Colleges of Chicago is hiring an Adjunct Instructor – Ceramics
- Royal College of Art London is hiring a Lead Technical Instructor – Ceramics and Glass
- JamFactory Adelaide is hiring a Production Manager – Ceramics Studio
Have a look at these ceramic exhibitions that were recently featured on our website.
- Contemporary Ceramic Art from the Middle East at Victoria and Albert Museum, London
- new-ish: new ceramic work by Jonathan Kaplan at Plinth Gallery, Denver
- Form & Fire: American Studio Ceramics from the E. John Bullard Collection at LSU Museum of Art, Baton Rouge
Featured image: York Ceramics Fair