“The potential ability of the imagination has an important impact in our lives. Minds have visual images that we collect through our lives.
These inner-images that represent my works are examinations of my existence. However, in this bank of memories I cherish every possible emotion; happiness, growing pains, family loss, first love, motherhood, sexuality, multicultural experiences, frustration, social-political issues and most importantly the celebration of life.
As an artist I like to work with different mediums, especially ceramics and acrylic paintings. Lately I have been experimenting with ceramic installations and mixed media. The freedom of expanding my work in another dimension makes me feel more connected with the viewers.
The process of my work mostly is very spontaneous. The rest comes along with what my subconscious has been saving in my bank of memories, throughout my life and the happening of the moment.” Liliana Folta
Liliana Folta’s C.V. (resume) - View her works
- “De Mujer a Mujer” - International Women’s Month / Comisión Estatal de Elecciones, Puerto Rico, March 2012
- “Aduana . Norte . Centro . Sur .” / Compañía de Turismo, Puerto Rico, November 2012
- Work in progress, Solo / Art Center, Framingham MA,USA, October 2012
2011 - “Paper Chase 100” - 300 Summer Gallery – Boston
- “Del Tapíz al Placemat” - Comisión Estatal de Elecciones – Puerto Rico
- Open Studios Fort Point - Boston
- “VEXED” (An Abstract Poem of Freedom)
- Midway Studios, Boston - Ceramic & mixed media installation – Participation with
- “Here, There and Everywhere: The Art of Collaboration”
- TransCultural Exchange International Conference.
- “Los Platos de la Ultima Cena”- ceramic & mixed media
- Comisión Estatal de Elecciones, Puerto Rico
- “The Last Book” Luis Camnitzer Project - New York Public Library –Aguilar Branch
2010 - “Liberadores/Liberators”- Biennial Museo de Las Américas
- 1st Biennial of the Americas -Denver, USA - ceramic installation
- “Muerte.Dolor. Santuario.Vida”- Puerto Rico – ceramic installation
- “Landscape of Emotions”- Art at 12 Gallery, Boston – ceramic/mixed media installation
- “Conversations”- Art at 12 Gallery, Boston ceramic/video Installation
2009 - Open Studios Fort Point, Boston - October 2009 & 2010
- Gallery at 300 Summer st. Boston - Group show
- El-Status Platform of Puerto Rican Contemporary Art,
- Muñoz Rivera Park (installation/interactive ceramic-mixed media)
- Cultural Office of Manatí, Puerto Rico (Salón de los Poetas)
- “200 Dentro de 1” (itinerante Project – painting)
- Universidad Metropolitana de Cupey, Puerto Rico
- “Heterogénea” (ceramic)
2008 - Código 3 Gallery, Puerto Rico - “100 Kilates de 10” (ceramic-painting).
- Buenos Aires National Library, Argentina -“The Last Book”, Luis Camnitzer Project.
- Universidad Interamericana, Fajardo Puerto Rico
- Museum of the Americas, Miami, Florida - “Hispanidad en América” (ceramic)
- Ku Art Center, Beijing, China - Trans Cultural Exchange Project
- Permanente installation: Collaboration for the Olympic Games - “The Tile Project, Destination: The World”.
- Reinhold Jewelers, Puerto Rico - “Ceramic & Mixed Media sculpture”. (Solo)
- Historical & Cultural Center of Cibuco, Puerto Rico.
- “Women, Different Forms, Different Mediums” (ceramic)
- Uri Gallery, Puerto Rico. -“International Women’s Month” (painting/ceramic).
- Artexpo New York, NYC.
2007 - Sanz The Shop Gallery, Puerto Rico - “Olas y Arena” (ceramic).
- Museum of Contemporary Ceramic, Dominican Republic.
- “3a International Triennial of Ceramic Tile”
2006 - Sanz the Shop Gallery, Puerto Rico - “Semillas” (ceramic).
2005 - Fort Worth Art Center, Texas. - “9x12 Works on Paper”.
2003 - Tarrant County College, NE. Fine Art Bldg. Texas -“Resident Aliens” (solo-painting).
- Tarrant County College, NE Fine Art Bldg. Texas.
- “Galactica Moderna” (first solo-ceramic).
- Fort Worth Art Center, Texas - “Artist Group Show” (painting).
2002 - May Fest Art Show, Fort Worth, Texas.
- Library of Tarrant County College NE. Texas
- “Search for Life beyond Earth”, NASA Symposium (ceramic)
- “Through the Cultural Windows” (ceramic)
2001 - Gallery Broward College, Florida - “Contemporary Latin American Woman Artist”.
- Latin American Art Museum, Miami Florida. - “2nd. International Art Festival”.
1999 - Trinity Art Gallery, Bedford, Texas. - “ 39 Hours Show” (painting)
- American Airlines, Dallas Texas.
1998 - Diseño Isleño Gallery, Puerto Rico
PRIVATE AND PUBLIC COLLECTIONS
- USA, Puerto Rico, Argentina, Europe, Australia.
- Museum of Contemporary Ceramic, Dominican Republic; Wilshire Elementary School, Texas; Perpetuo Socorro Academy, Puerto Rico;
- Collaborative ceramic Public Art mural with Special Communities, Puerto Rico Institute of Culture; - Expres-Arte a Todo Rincón: City of Carolina, Toa Alta, Toa Baja, Aguas Buenas and Río Grande.
- Ku Art Center, Beijing, China (Collaborative ceramic Public Art mural for the Olympic Games 2008)
AWARDS AND HONORS
- Selected Biennial of the Américas/ Museo de Las Américas, Denver-2010.
- Who’s Who Students in American College, (recognition of outstanding merit, and accomplishment) Texas, 2003.
- Excellence in Education, Tarrant County College Texas, 2003.
- Distinguished Scholarship Tarrant County College Texas, 2003.
- Friend of Education Award. Public Art Mosaic Mural Texas, 2003.
- Honorable Mention American Airline, Dallas Texas 1999.
- Liga de Arte, San Juan, Puerto Rico.
- Tarrant County College NE, Texas.
- Photography studies in Puerto Rico.
- Puerto Rico Institute of Culture: Expres-Arte, Community Public Art Projects; 2004/2009
- Perpetuo Socorro Academy, Puerto Rico. Public Mosaic Mural, (Elementary and High School) 2005/2006.
- Wilshire Elementary School, Euless Texas. Public Mosaic/ceramic Mural 2001/2003.
Visit Liliana Folta’s website.
→ View our featured ceramic artists list (posts).
→ Subscribe to our monthly newsletter and like our Facebook page if you want to stay in touch with us.
© Photographs, written works or other media, are subject to copyright and belong to the artist or to Ceramics Now Magazine. Cannot be used without permission.