Lucy Gresley is currently in her 3rd year of BA Fine Art - Painting and Drawing at the University of Gloucestershire. Prior to entering full time art education in 2010, she was as a Clinical Psychologist, specializing in mental health for children and young people.
For me, making art is an ongoing enquiry. I am interested in exploring what it means to exist - to be a person - and how we are connected to each other. I am fascinated by the borderlines between things: how thinking relates to the outside world; how drawings intersect with physical space. I am also interested in processes of transformation, including alchemy and psychotherapy.
Whilst drawing is at the heart of my practice, I explore different mediums and techniques in order to develop my ideas. I approach my work with a spirit of experimentation, testing out and reflecting in a continual cycle. I hope that, through my artworking, I can pose questions that other people can relate to - rather than present answers. I am interested in the idea of art as dialogue, linking maker and viewer.
LUCY GRESLEY's C.V. (resume)
2014 - Thought and Shadows, Montpellier Gardens Gallery, Cheltenham
2013 - Fourthoughts, Montpellier Gardens Gallery, Cheltenham
2013 - Inside Out Collaborative Exhibition, Beechwood Centre, Cheltenham
2012 - Raw Talent, New Brewery Arts, Cirencester
ART EDUCATION HISTORY
- Currently 3rd year BA Fine Art – Painting and Drawing, University of Gloucestershire (Sept 2011 – June 2014)
- Access to Higher Education Diploma – Creative Arts (Distinction), Stroud College (Sept 2010 – July 2011)
- Art courses in drawing and life drawing (2008 – 2010) and landscape painting in acrylics (Summer 2012), New Brewery Arts, Cirencester.
- GSCE Art and Design Grade A, Dr. Challoners High School, Bucks (1988)
- A passionate interest in contemporary art and craft
- A reflective, analytical nature
- Reliable and conscientious
- Good interpersonal skills and experience of working within multidisciplinary teams
- Recent work experience including as a project assistant at The Drawing Room, Bermondsey, London (2014) and as an exhibitions assistant at New Brewery Arts, Cirencester (2013)
- Extensive experience of working with people and in particular, engaging with young people and people with disabilities
- Good writing and research skills
- Computer literate
Contact Lucy at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit her website.
View the ceramic artists list.