Assistant Professor of Art – Ceramics at Westminster College, Salt Lake City, USA
Posted: December 2012 (Continuous)
The Department of Art at Westminster College in Salt Lake City, Utah invites applications for a full-time (4+4 load) teaching position in Ceramics, at the rank of Assistant Professor, beginning August 2013.
The position is responsible for teaching all levels of ceramics courses at the undergraduate level. In addition to teaching duties, the successful candidate will be responsible for operating and maintaining the Dolores Dore Eccles Ceramic Center, including kiln operation, materials ordering, implementing effective safety protocol, and other duties relevant to the position.
The candidate should demonstrate a strong understanding of visual principals and technical skills, as well as an engagement with theoretical and aesthetic dialogue within contemporary art practice. Preference will be given to those candidates who demonstrate the above through a strong, cohesive body of work, as well as significant professional activity both locally and nationally.
Appointment: August 2013
Job type: Faculty (Full time)
Location: 1840 South 1300 East, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Please apply for this position using our online application system by clicking the Apply link below. Please attach the following to your application:
– A letter of introduction that addresses your interest in Westminster College, outlines your experience with ceramics equipment and facilities, and any additional qualifications that may be relevant to this position.
– A teaching philosophy that addresses your experience and vision for undergraduate ceramics curriculum, outlines your commitment to student-centered learning, describes your history working with diverse populations of undergraduate students, and your understanding and implementation of theoretical and technical instruction in ceramics.
– Current curriculum vitae
– Evidence of teaching effectiveness, which may include syllabi, assignments, and course evaluations from beginning, intermediate, and advanced ceramics courses.
– Artist statement
– Contact information (telephone, email, address) for 5 professional references.
In addition please mail the following:
– CD/DVD with 20 examples of personal work and 20 examples of student work in .jpg format, minimum 1024×768 pixels at 72 dpi. Discs should be compatible with both Mac and PC.
– Image lists for both personal and student work that correspond to the images contained on your CD/DVD.
– Self-addressed and stamped envelope if you wish to have your materials returned.
Please send the above materials to:
Jaime Glauser, School of Arts and SciencesWestminster College, 1840 South 1300 East, Salt Lake City, UT 84105, email@example.com
Review of applications will begin December 15th , with Skype interviews following shortly as well as at the CAA conference in February of 2013. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
About the employer
Westminster College is a private, comprehensive liberal arts college dedicated to students and their learning. Impassioned teaching and active learning are the hallmarks of the Westminster experience. Located where the magnificent Rocky Mountains meet the city of Salt Lake, Westminster blends the best of curricular and co-curricular learning via experiences presented by its unique location to help students develop skills and attributes critical for success in a rapidly changing world. Salt Lake City is an economically vibrant city with an increasingly diverse population. The college enrolls approximately 2,400 undergraduate and 900 graduate students in four schools: School of Arts and Sciences; Bill and Vieve Gore School of Business; School of Education; and School of Nursing and Health Sciences.