→ Patrick Colhoun is an exhibiting artist at the first edition of Ceramics Now Exhibition, held in Cluj-Napoca, Romania.
"I strive to be unique, my work will divide opinion. It should be the main feature, the talking point. It is strong and masculine, certain pieces animal like. It touches on subjects like sexual deviancy, containment, aggression, with hints of religious symbolism, making distasteful subjects into attractive physical forms.
At this stage of my ceramics career, I am striving to push boundaries all the time in terms of creativity, form and finish. I suspect I always will. I am working largely with black clay which allows me the luxury of leaving parts of the work raw from time to time. I am also particularly interested in exploring how certain materials, such as metal and ceramics work together.” Patrick Colhoun
Patrick Colhoun lives and works in Belfast.
→ Patrick Colhoun will also be featured in the first printed issue of Ceramics Now Magazine.
Patrick Colhoun's C.V. (resume) - View his works
EXHIBITIONS AND TRADE SHOWS
- ‘Belfast’ Group Exhibition, SpaceCRAFT, Belfast. March 2009.
- Perspective and Proportion solo exhibition, Art in the Loft, Portaferry. August 2009.
- Craftwerk solo exhibition, Parkes Interiors, Belfast. November 2009.
- Christmas Group Exhibition, Salamander Gallery, Belfast. November 2009.
- British Trade Craft Fair, Harrogate. March 2010.
- - Contemporary sculpture exhibition, Canvas Galleries, Belfast, June 2010.
- Primary Connection group exhibition, Belmont Tower, Belfast, October 2010.
- Refound group exhibition, Belmont Road, Belfast, October 2010.
- That’s Belfast group exhibition, Emer Gallery, Belfast, October 2010.
- Christmas 200 exhibition, Canvas Galleries, November 2010.
- Group Exhibition, Engine Room Gallery, Belfast, November 2010.
- Small Works exhibition, Battletown Gallery, December 2010.
- Christmas group exhibition, Waterfront Hall, December 2010.
- Christmas exhibition, Emer Gallery, December 2010.
- Debut Contemporary, Notting Hill, London, March-May 2011.
- The Art of Craft Exhibition, St. Patrick’s Trian and Market Place Theatre, May 2011.
- Primary Connection, The Rematch. October 2011.
- Fusion Exhibition, Canvas Galleries, October 2011.
ARTICLES AND PUBLICATIONS
- Artists profile, Northern Ireland Homes and Lifestyle November 2009.
- Artists profile, Ceramic Vision website. November 2009.
- Products used in interiors photoshoot for The White Book, June 2010.
- Belfast Telegraph Arts Section, Sculpture Exhibition Review, June 2010.
- Belfast Telegraph Arts Section, Primary Connection Exhibition Review, October 2010.
- Refound piece featured in Irish Times Magazine, October 2010.
- Belfast Telegraph Wednesday Arts Interview/Profile, November 2010.
- Ulster Life Magazine, March 2011.
RETAIL OUTLETS/ GALLERIES
- Canvas Galleries, Belfast
- Doghouse Gallery, Comber
- Arboury Gallery, Bangor
- Craft NI Directory
- Crafts Council of Ireland
- Night class in ceramics. Castlereagh College, Belfast. 2007. Largely self taught.
→ View our featured ceramic artists list (posts).
→ Subscribe to our monthly newsletter and like our Facebook page if you want to stay in touch with us.
© Photographs, written works or other media, are subject to copyright and belong to the artist or to Ceramics Now Magazine. Cannot be used without permission.