Jing Huang: Loop, 2021-2022
‘Loop’ is a series of works that indicate no beginning or end, but places an emphasis on the path itself. Amid the dislocation and ambiguity of being neither here nor there, I anchor myself by tracing my past and taking inspiration from the early memory of my hometown (Guilin)’s landscape after a long departure.
Turning around, up and down. Life is a journey rather than a destination for me. Every experience that happens in this process is significant – some destinations you can only arrive at by making a detour. Until I moved away from home, I had little conscious appreciation of my environment. ‘Loop’ is not only a representation of the actual landscape; it mirrors the feelings of respect and appreciation for my past, culture and tradition. It’s a process of seeking a deeper understanding of my identity.
- Loop #1, 2021, Glazed stoneware, 16x12x11″
- Loop #3, 2022, Glazed stoneware, 16x14x7.5″
- Loop #2, 2022, Glazed stoneware, 14×16.5×9.5″
- Loop #4, 2022, Glazed stoneware, 13.5×17.5×10″
- Loop #5, 2022, Glazed stoneware, 15.5x16x13″
- Loop #7, 2022, Glazed stoneware, 12.5x14x9.5″
- Loop #6, 2022, Glazed stoneware, 12.5×15.5×11.5″
- Loop #8, 2022, Glazed stoneware, 13.5×12.5×8″
Leave a Reply