Job: Assistant position in Sculptural Conceptions / Ceramics at University of Art and Industrial Design Linz, Austria
Posted on February 9, 2022
Closing date: March 15, 2022
The University of Art and Design Linz (Kunstuniversität Linz) invites applications for a full-time Assistant position in the Department of Sculptural Conceptions / Ceramics in the Institute of Fine Arts and Cultural Studies (in accordance with Section 26 Paragraph 8 of the collective bargaining agreement).
The applicant is expected to conclude a qualification agreement (tenure-track position). The position is to be filled at the next possible date. The monthly salary of a University Assistant according to Section 49 Paragraph 3 of the collective bargaining agreement is € 2,971.50 (before tax and deductions) and after the conclusion of a qualification agreement as an Assistant Professor, the monthly salary according to Section 49 Paragraph 2 of the collective bargaining agreement is €4,011.20 (before tax and deductions). Salaries are paid 14 times per year.
We are looking for an artist with an internationally recognised body of work in the field of sculpture using a variety of materials and media. The use and discussion of digital techniques and technologies such as generative design, 3D scanning & printing, VR/AR, robotics/CNC, or AI must form an essential element of their artistic practice and be particularly reflected in their teaching.
Scope of duties:
- Art instruction in the bachelor and master programmes including aiding students in the development and implementation of projects
- Participation in the development, coordination, and organisation of the study programme as well as the preparation of yearly focuses, exhibitions, lectures, and excursions in agreement with the Head of the Sculptural Conceptions / Ceramics department
- Independent artistic work
- Networking within the University of Art and Industrial Design to build a technical infrastructure
- Participation in committees and working groups of the university
- Acquisition of third-party funding
- Gender and diversity competence
- Fine arts degree
- Expertise in the independent use of digital tools as part of their own artistic work
- International exhibition activity
- Ability to work in a team
- Good command of English
As the position is to be filled as soon as possible, the selection process will take place shortly after the deadline for applications.
The University of Art and Industrial Design Linz strives to increase the proportion of women among the academic, artistic, and general university staff, especially in leadership positions, and therefore explicitly invites qualified women to apply. In the case of equal qualifications, women shall be given priority.
The University pursues an anti-discriminatory hiring policy and is committed to equal opportunities and diversity. Applicants with migration experience and/or a migration background and applicants with disabilities are explicitly encouraged to apply.
Applicants are not entitled to compensation for any expenses arising from the application process.
Digital applications are to be sent with the relevant documents (CV, certificates, documented proof of fine arts degree, description of academic artistic research achievements to date, proof of teaching experience), which provide proof of the above-mentioned qualifications, including a teaching concept, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 March 2022.