Adjunct Faculty in Ceramics and Sculpture at State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota, Bradenton, FL
Posted on July 15, 2022 – open until filled
An adjunct faculty member will be responsible for maintaining the highest academic standards in his/her particular discipline. The individual is expected to exercise professionalism in all activities related to the role of academician, including those concerned with the various duties assigned by the Department Chair, and any involvement with colleagues, peers, community and students. The position of an adjunct faculty member is temporary, and is contracted as needed.
Position Title: Adjunct – Ceramics and Sculpture/Three Dimensional Design
- Teaches all courses as assigned.
- Maintains attendance and punctuality.
- Maintains a professional appearance at all times.
- Prepares course syllabi (if not provided by the Department).
- Prepares instructional materials (if not provided by Department).
- Delivers course content in an effective manner to support student learning and meets the designated student learning outcomes.
- Participates in assessment.
- Meets all scheduled classes on the assigned day /time.
- Uses scheduled class time appropriately.
- Makes oneself available to students and college officials as needed.
- Demonstrates a professional attitude, philosophy, compassion and commitment that promotes student growth and learning.
- Demonstrates commitment to the institutional mission, goals, and objectives.
- Adheres to College Rules and Procedures, which reflect updated Federal, state, and local legislation/regulations and College policy that governs the educational process.
- Maintains accurate student records for grading and attendance purposes, submitting attendance, grades, and other reports within college deadlines.
- During periods of planned absences, coordinates with the respective Department Chair or supervising academic administrator for qualified substitute instructors and provides instructional materials, protocols, and directions to ensure consistent and sequential classroom instruction.
- Promotes and maintains a healthy and safe educational and work environment, free from harassment and discrimination.
- Demonstrates professional growth and development by updating knowledge of subject matter and using effective teaching techniques.
- Develops, maintains and promotes a positive working environment among departmental faculty.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by the respective Department Chair or other supervising academic administrator.
• Demonstrated teaching skills and subject knowledge, preferably at the community college level. Degree and credit hour requirements must be met in accordance with the criteria for accreditation of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
• Earned Master’s degree in ceramics/sculpture or related area with 18 graduate hours in the subject area.
• MFA in ceramics/sculpture or related area with 18 graduate hours in the subject area
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information or sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services and activities, including admission and employment.