Ceramic Art Instructor – Continuing Education at City Colleges of Chicago, Chicago, IL
Posted on June 1, 2022
Part-time – open until filled
City Colleges of Chicago (CCC), the largest community college system in Illinois, is made up of seven colleges and five satellite sites, providing more than 70,000 students each year access to a quality, affordable education. Harold Washington College is a student-centered institution that empowers all members of its community through accessible and affordable academic advancement, career development and personal enrichment. Harold Washington College, located at 30 East Lake Street in Chicago’s Loop, serves thousands of students annually by supporting each one in pursuit of a certificate or degree and ensuring they are ready to succeed in further college or a career after graduation. We are in search of a cermanic instructor for our Continuing Education department.
• Design courses to meet learning outcomes, and promote students’ active participation in their own learning.
• Create an effective learning environment that fosters students’ intellectual curiosity and helps students to problem solve using discipline-specific thinking strategies.
• Employ a variety of formative and summative assessments to ensure that classroom instruction leads to student learning and the attainment of the student learning outcomes for the course.
• Help students reach their academic, personal and career goals and foster a safe environment that respects the diversity of people and ideas by modeling respect for all students and conveying confidence in every student’s ability to learn.
• Contribute to and provide leadership in the student’s academic and professional communities, and promote collaboration and teamwork among members of these communities.
Proven experience working with ceramics.
• An associate degree or higher in the 3D/clay studio arts, professional experience in the discipline will also be considered.
• Ability to communicate with a diverse student population of various skill levels
For consideration, please submit the following:
• Cover letter
• Resume or curriculum vitae
• Transcript (Official transcripts must be provided if hired)
• A statement of your teaching philosophy; and
• Professional letters of recommendation
Leave a Reply