Danijela Pivašević-Tenner: Selected works, 2018-2022
Danijela Pivašević-Tenner analyses our society and its customs and removes the function or defining pattern from everyday objects through various artistic strategies such as deformation and pouring over. She encourages the audience to participate and confront their own habits and norms. Her work ranges from interactive acts to objects to installations, earning her invitations to many international symposiums, art residencies and curated exhibitions.
The sculptress takes a conceptual approach, accompanied by commentary on the genre of ceramics with all its traditions and teachings. Understanding and respecting the material is the starting point of her work. She has been creating them consciously for years in relation to raw materials. Recycling materials or using a limited amount of materials and not firing are her ideal goals from the beginning of her career, which also permeate her teaching practice.
- Disposable life, 2022, Performance, Raw porcelain, Videowork. Photo Anna Katharina Rowedder
- Triumphsäulen (42 Szenen der Gegenwart), 2019, Raw porcelain, Textile, Mirror. Photo Anna Katharina Rowedder
- 320.000 pro Stunde, 2022, Porcelain 1260C, Variable sizes. Photo R.F. Dieskau
- Eine Million pro Minute, 2022, Porcelain 1260C, Variable sizes. Photo R.F. Dieskau
- Wohn Fühlen, 2018, Raw porcelain, Furniture, Variable sizes. Photo Jens Sauerbrey
- Do you know what’s behind, 2018, Raw clay, Found objects. Variable sizes. Photo Shine Bhola
- Sorry, no water today, 2021, Plastic, Unfired clay, Variable sizes. Photo Anna Katharina Rowedder