Assistant / Associate Professor, Ceramics & Expanded Media at University of The Bahamas, Nassau, Bahamas
Posted on March 14, 2023
Applications are due April 10, 2023
University of The Bahamas College of Liberal & Fine Arts is pleased to invite applications for the position of Assistant/Associate Professor, Ceramics & Expanded Media. This full-time appointment will commence on August 1st, 2023.
The Department of Arts & Design is seeking an innovative and engaged artist/practitioner to teach all levels of ceramics (introduction through advanced levels), oversee the UB Ceramics Studio, and assist in shaping our BFA curriculum in areas of three-dimensional practice. Candidates with hybrid practices, such as for example, installation, mixed media, time-based media, virtual environments, or art-based activism are encouraged to apply.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Head of Department (HOD) of Visual Arts & Design, the Assistant/Associate Professor in Ceramics & Expanded Media shall be responsible for:
• Teaching 3D Concepts & Methods, Ceramics I and II, Pottery: Wheel Throwing, • Potter & Glaze Techniques, Advanced Handbuilding Techniques;
• Perform duties including departmental assignments, ordering supplies, supervision of studio and studio assistant, maintenance of studio and equipment and overseeing a safe working environment;
• Developing new courses and programmes;
• Participating in program review and assessment;
• Participating in student recruitment and advisement;
• Engaging in research and scholarly activities;
• Serving on departmental, school and university-wide committees.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Actualized and current applied production skills in clay media including wheel-throwing and hand-building techniques;
• Portfolio documents demonstrating strong secondary area of artistic practice;
• Active arts research agenda;
• Uses learning-centered pedagogical methods
Candidates must have an earned MFA in Studio Arts with a 3-dimensional practice from an accredited institution; Proficiency in writing and speaking the English language; Excellent tertiary-level teaching with a minimum of two (2) years of experience; Evidence of current publication and/or exhibition record; Current portfolio of own and student work.
Application materials should include:
- A cover letter describing academic philosophy and vision, research and publications;
- Copies of academic certificates;
- Copies of transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate degree programmes completed;
- A current and complete curriculum vitae;
- Copy of relevant pages of a valid passport showing photo ID, passport number and expiration date;
- Names and contact information of three persons who can provide letters of reference;
- Completed UB Application for Employment Form
To Apply: Apply electronically at firstname.lastname@example.org noting the position in the subject field. Only electronic submissions will be accepted. Attach all of the above-listed in one electronic file. Additional materials will be required of shortlisted candidates. For additional information or informal inquiries, contact email@example.com